6 things you need to know about the 2016 Eatwell Guide
- Fruit and vegetables should make up over 1/3 of our diet each day. Starchy food should make up just over 1/3 of the food we eat. Beans, pulses, fish, eggs, meat and other protein and small amounts of unsaturated fats make up the rest of your diet
- The number of portions of fruit and vegetables we should aim to eat each day
- Aim for two portions of fish (including oily fish) a week]
- On average, women should have around 2,000 calories a day and men should have around 2,500 calories a day
- Drink plenty of fluids – the government recommends 6-8 cups/glasses a day
- Eat foods high in fat, salt and sugar less often and in small amounts
If you need support to ‘eat well’ contact our dietician for a FREE consultation to see how we can help.